About Me

Sydney, Australia
Composer, conductor and flute teacher.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Yesterday's Best Moment

A question in one of those irritatingly interesting Facebook forwards which really struck me the other day, asked for "yesterday's best moment". I've become rather fond of the concept! So here are the best moments of some of my recent yester-days...

Monday: making the same jibe in unison with Linda at a choir rehearsal only moments after thinking how similarly expressive her eyes were to my own; then, having a chat with Kieran (a shelf-packer in Coles) about writing a musical, in the middle of doing my groceries.

Sunday: finding out after a long week that there was nothing else on and I could go straight home to 'letharge'!

Saturday: was that when I had my little rant to Sukhpreet about flattery-stalking?

Friday: giving Wilson his second flute lesson (in which he, in yr 4, having never done any music before, predicted the values of crotchets, quavers and semiquavers, asked the meaning of the "suffix" semi- (his words, in relation to 'semibreve'), had taught himself the fingering to low C and could get the sound with tonguing, and his mother offered to pay me extra for going over time); then, finding out that Andy does composition and is friends with others of my friends.

Thursday: being so cheerfully forgiven, first for turning up to rehearsal at the usual time instead of half an hour earlier as arranged, and then for having forgotten not only my baton, but also my scores.

No comments:

Post a Comment